Daily Medications: Prenatal, B-complex 100, Folic Acid 8, D3 4000
CD 1-CD14 (7.3-7.16) Desogen Birth Control Pill
CD 1 (7.19)
CD 2 (Wednesday 7.20) 2 hour for Ultrasound monitoring appointment and fill out paperwork: 2 tiny follicles on L ovary. Ask nurse if I can get a jump start on paper work for PGS, she tells me no-you can’t do PGS this cycle you are too late. 75IU menopur injection PM.
CD 3 (7.21) 75 units Gonal F injection AM, 75IU menopur injection PM
CD 4 (7.22) 75 units Gonal F injection AM, 75IU menopur injection PM
CD 5 (7.23) 75 units Gonal F injection AM, 75IU menopur injection PM
CD 6 (7.24) 75 units Gonal F injection AM, 75IU menopur injection PM
CD 7 (Monday 7.25) 75 units Gonal F injection AM, 1 hr for Bloodwork: E2 240. 1 hr Meeting with Dr. G discuss 5 day transfer, PGS and Gestational Carrier. Told it would be close to impossible to get all of the meetings and paper work done to be cleared to do PGS this cycle, but we are welcome to try. Spend 8 hours making calls/emailing/sitting on hold to secure appointments for PGS clearance and tracking down missing Cetrotide. 75IU menopur injection PM
CD 8 (Tuesday 7.26) 75 units Gonal F injection AM, .25mg Cetrotide Injection AM. Spend 2 hours emailing/phone calls and waiting on hold to get through PGS clearance and still try to figure out where my missing drugs are. 75IU menopur injection PM
CD 9 (Wednesday 7.27) 75 units Gonal F injection AM, .25mg Cetrotide Injection AM. 1 hour for Ultrasound 3 follies on L, 3 follies on R, Bloodwork:E2 560. 6 hours of meetings and travel to get to BWH to get approved for PGS. Met with Genetic Counselor in the same waiting room we waited for 2 hours on 12/28/2009 while listening to fetal heart beats echoing through the paper thin walls from the monitored pregnant women in the next area and then sat in the same office that we sat in 12/28/09 to hear that Ava had a Fatal Neural Tube defect and she was non-viable. After suffering a Post Traumatic Stress Induced panic attack (with full head to toe hives and tears)-cleared to do the “impossible” PGS this cycle. Call nurse to tell her we achieved the impossible and to please pass our epic heroic victory on to Dr G so that she can adjust my meds to boost my follicle production. 30 minutes of freaking out and emailing when I wake up in middle of night because I realize any PGS screened frozen blasts from this cycle won’t be allowed to be transfer to a Gestational Carrier unless we have the F.D.A approval blood testing done on us before retrieval. Immediately email the nurse and remind her we plan to do PGS and may need a GC in the future and ask why we haven’t had this blood work scheduled yet, to please tell us what it entails and help us get it set up STAT. 75IU menopur injection PM.
CD 10 (Thursday 7.28) 75 units Gonal F injection AM, .25mg Cetrotide Injection AM. 6 hours tracking down the nurse in order to find out why I haven’t heard back from her in regards to the FDA testing. She tells me Dr. G said she will refuse to transfer any frozen material to a GC therefor FDA testing is not necessary. I have a complete fucking melt down and remind nurse that PGS is costing us $3500 out of pocket, and freezing embros will cost us another $2000 out of pocket-and since chances are high that we will have very few normal blasts on ANY cycle with PGS, having a back up of frozen normal blasts that have been FDA approved to transfer to a GC in case we have a lousy fresh cycle that yields 1 or no fresh normals blasts when we have paid 3K out of pocket to prep the GC’s uterus is quite advantageous, so get Dr. G’s sweet little ass back on the horn and tell her we disagree completely with her and schedule us IMMEDIATELY for the FDA testing. Also asked nurse to remind Dr. G we are doing PGS and confirm she doesn’t want to up my meds to produce more follicles as I currently only have 6 measurable follicles when Dr. G said she wants to see 18-20 follicles on a PGS cycle. Nurse tells me Dr G. is happy with my production thus far an no medication adjustments necessary. 75IU menopur injection PM.
CD 11 (Friday 7.29) 75 units Gonal F injection AM, .25mg Cetrotide Injection AM, 1 hour for Ultrasound: 3 follies L, 5 follies, Blood work: E2 906. 6 hours to establish we are set to do FDA approval blood draws the morning we go in for the egg retrieval. Get a call from the nurse, looks like I am green aka “ready to retrieve” in the system because too many of my 8 follicles are mature and we are waiting to hear back from Dr. G but most likely we will have to trigger tonight. I have yet another meltdown and call my husband to relay this ridiculous news because 8 follicles is no where near the goal of 20 so I know that no matter what happens in the next 48 hours we have not made enough eggs to even be able to do PGS (which requires 10 embryos on Day 3 which normally takes about 18-20 follicles to yield). Nurse calls back to say no trigger, Dr. G feels that because this is a PGS cycle she wants to grow my follicles a little larger before retrieval. I finally loose my shit and unload a torrent of obscenities on this nurse and tell her she has 5 minutes to call Dr G back and remind her that the PGS lab, the genetics counselor, our research and Dr G herself told us that unless we have 10 FUCKING EMBRYOS GROWING PERFECTLY 3 DAYS AFTER RETRIEVAL THAT DOING PGS WAS A MOTHER LOVING WASTE OF OUR MONEY BECAUSE PGS WEAKENS EVEN PERFECT NORMAL EMBRYOS AND THE CHANCE OF HAVING NOTHING TO TRANSFER IS WAY TOO HIGH we are refusing to do PGS on this cycle as I only have 8 stupid follicles, tell Dr. G that and that we will only agree to a day 5 transfer attempt and don’t care if there is nothing left to transfer-a day 3 transfer at any point will not be tolerated. Nurse calls back 1 hour later and says Dr. G agrees with you on all accounts-I say “You’re welcome.” She then tells me Dr G wants to keep me stimming for 1 more day to proceed at the same medication levels tonight and come back tomorrow morning-we will most likely trigger you tomorrow night. She then proceeds to ask if we still want the FDA approval blood testing done-I remind her that the reason we would need FDA approval would be because we would be doing PGS and potentially freezing material for a GC-so CLEARLY WE WILL NOT NEED TO DO THIS SINCE #1WE AREN’T DOING PGS AND #2 WE WILL BE INSANELY LUCKY TO HAVE ANYTHING TO TRANSFER LET ALONE FREEZE and then hang up the phone on her. 75IU menopur injection PM, Dr. Brooke adds an additional injection of 75 units Gonal F PM to hopefully boost the number of mature follicles since Dr G is fucking idiot and can’t be trusted.
CD 12 (Saturday 7.30) Dr Brooke adds 75 units to the prescribed 75 (150 total) units of Gonal F injection AM, .25mg Cetrotide Injection AM, 1 hour for Ultrasound-where I find that my efforts have been rewarded and now have 6 measurable follicles on L, 6 measurable follicles on R, Blood work: E2 1251. First half of this game is complete! Tonight we trigger at 1:30am. Ultrasound images of my ovaries today about 16 hours before trigger shot are below. Have sexy time per doctors orders to ensure we have a nice fresh batch of swimmers to get the job done on Monday. Novarel 10,000 units hcg PM.
CD 13 (Sunday 7.31) Day off of phone calls/emails/monitoring, injections and all drugs. No food after midnight.
CD 14 (Monday 8.1) 8 hours BWH Egg retrieval 1:30pm, Doxycycline 100mg PM, Medrol 16mg PM, BA PM
CD 15 (Tuesday 8.2) Doxycycline 100mg AM, Estrace 1mg vg AM, Crinone 8% PM, Medrol 16mg PM, BA PM, Doxycycline 100mg PM, Estrace 1mg vg PM. Massage.
CD 16 (Wednesday 8.3) Doxycycline 100mg AM, Estrace 1mg vg AM, Crinone 8% PM, Medrol 16mg PM, BA PM, Doxycycline 100mg PM, Estrace 1mg vg PM. Acupuncture.
CD 17 (Thursday 8.4) Doxycycline 100mg AM, Estrace 1mg vg AM, Crinone 8% PM, Medrol 16mg PM, BA PM, Doxycycline 100mg PM, Estrace 1mg vg PM. Acupunture.
CD 18 (Friday 8.5) Doxycycline 100mg AM, Estrace 1mg vg AM, Crinone 8% PM, Medrol 16mg PM, BA PM, Doxycycline 100mg PM, Estrace 1mg vg PM. Acupuncture.
CD 19 (Saturday 8.6)Doxycycline 100mg AM, Estrace 1mg vg AM, 25mg bromelain (pineapple core), Crinone 8% PM, Medrol 16mg PM, BA PM, Estrace 1mg vg PM. Acupuncture.
CD 20 (Sunday 8.7) Estrace 1mg vg AM, 25mg bromelain (pineapple core), Crinone 8% PM, Medrol 16mg PM, BA PM, Estrace 1mg vg PM
CD 21 (Monday 8.8) Estrace 1mg vg AM, 25mg bromelain (pineapple core), Crinone 8% PM, Medrol 16mg PM, BA PM, Estrace 1mg vg PM. Acupuncture.
CD 22 (Tuesday 8.9) Estrace 1mg vg AM, 25mg bromelain (pineapple core), Crinone 8% PM, Medrol 16mg PM, BA PM, Estrace 1mg vg PM
CD 23 (Wednesday 8.10) Estrace 1mg vg AM, 25mg bromelain (pineapple core), Crinone 8% PM, BA PM, Estrace 1mg vg PM
CD 24 (Thursday 8.11-5dp5dt) Estrace 1mg vg AM, Crinone 8% PM, BA PM, Estrace 1mg vg PM-insanely faint-but tweakable BFP on IC strip at 11pm
CD 25 (Friday 8.12-6dp5dt) Crinone 8% PM, BA PM, faint-but tweakable BFP on IC strip at 4am. Call nurse and request Beta for 8.13 at 12dpo-request DENIED. Visible line at 11am, Slighter Darker line by 10pm, no need to tweak to see it but BFN on digital. Acupuncture.
CD 26 (Saturday 8.13-7dp5dt) Crinone 8% PM, BA PM. BFP on Digi, test line increases just slightly in color at 4am. Evening IC test noticeably darker but still faint.
CD 27 (Sunday 8.14-8dp5dt) Crinone 8% PM, BA PM. Test line increases just slightly in color, but still faint for 13dpo and 3 days worth of + hpts.
CD 28 (M0nday 8.15-9dp5dt) Crinone 8% PM, BA PM. Test line barely increased in color. Beta: 31 at 14dpo.
CD 29 (Tuesday 8.16 10dp5dt) Crinone 8% PM, BA PM. Darkest HPT I’ve seen since pregnant with Ava in October 2009.
CD 30 (Wednesday 8.17-11dp5dt) Crinone 8% PM, BA PM. HPT line is now lighter today than yesterday-preparing for the inevtiable. Beta: 52 at 16dpo.
CD 31 (Thursday 8.18-12dp5dt) Crinone 8% PM, BA PM. HPT line is again lighter today than yesterday. Acupuncture double treatment.
CD 32 (Friday 8.19-13dp5dt) HPT is even light. Beta 34. Doctor confirms miscarriage is certain, stop progesterone.
CD 33 (Saturday 8.20-14dpdpt) Fainest of lines on HPT. Wake up to spotting-Game Over. Start BCP.
CD 3 (Monday 8.21) Rho Gam shot in my ass. WTF appointment with Dr. G-yup you’re right, I don’t believe it is egg quality. Referal to a vascular specialist to investigate the possibilities of an RX for Lovenox is scheduled for Thursday 9.1. Beta:3
Total number of injections: 27
Total number of bruises on my body from injections: 5
Total number of days with a headache: 9
Total number of blood draws: 4
Total number of my hours to manage this cycle: 62 over 20 days
Total number of my husbands hours to manage this cycle over the same 20 days: 2
Total number of drinks that I really wanted but didn’t have during this cycle: 32
Total number of xanax taken from CD32-CD3: 8
Total number of excederine taken from CD32-CD3: 10
Total number of Margaritas from CD 32-CD1: 12
Number of days with hope: 0